Achievement Awards Overview
The SASE Achievement awards are recognitions that organizations utilize to highlight top talent within each of their own organizations. Organizations nominate individuals that meet or exceed the criteria in one of five categories. Each organization is limited to a maximum of five Achievement Award nominations. Nominations may be in one, two, or all categories but may not exceed five in total.
Organizations can nominate deserving candidates and help us celebrate the achievements, leadership, and success that individual API members contribute to the STEM industry.
Each recipient will be recognized at the SASE National Convention and STEM Career Fair in Boston, October 9-12, 2024.
Nominees may be eligible for recognition in only one of the categories below. Click the award title for its criteria.
Promising Professional (2-10 yrs)
This nominee must be a professional, in the early years (approximately 2 to 10 years in the workforce) of his or her career, who demonstrates tremendous potential for future contributions.
The nomination package should show:
1. The uniqueness of the nominee’s contributions to the organization
2. The nominee’s leadership abilities and initiative
3. The nominee’s professional and/or technical achievements
4. The nominee’s potential for advancement
5. The social and/or economic value of the development
The following professions will be recognized:
- Information Technologist - Nominees who specialize in the IT industry in the public or private sector and have made significant contributions in their field.
- Engineer - Nominees who specialize in the engineering field in the public or private sector and have made significant contributions in their field.
- Scientist - Nominees who specialize in the scientific field in the public or private sector and have made significant contributions in their field.
- Professional Achievement (10+ yrs)
- Career Achievement (22+ yrs)
- ERG Leadership
- Service Impact
Achievement Awards Application Details
- Individuals must have an impact their local or workplace API community.
- Recipients must be employed by an organization that operates within the U.S.
Nominations must be submitted by the nominee’s Asian ERG, D&I, or authorized company representative. Organizations may submit a maximum of five nominees.
Organizational Advisory Council members may select an additional five nominees (total of 10).
Application Package includes:
- Online Nomination Form
- CV or Resume (not required for organizations)
- Short essay addressing how nominees meet or exceed award criteria (4,000 characters or less)
- Nominations Open on November 1, 2023
- Nominations close on May 24, 2024, at 11:59 PM ET
- Recipients will be notified by June 30, 2024
Each recipient will be recognized at the 2024 SASE National Convention and STEM Career Fair held in Boston, MA, October 2024. An award certificate will also be provided by SASE.