2021 SASE Scholarship Program - Terms and Conditions
The following statements, acknowledged and signed by you below, are required to process your scholarship application. Processing of your application and disbursement of any scholarship funds is contingent upon your reading and acknowledging that you have read and understand all of the following by the application deadline:
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- MEDIA RELEASE AND CONSENT AGREEMENT
Please note that, should you be accepted as a finalist in the SASE Scholarship Program, you may be asked to reaffirm your consent to some or all of the items in a written/printed form. SASE reserves all rights in determining who receives the awards. By submitting your application, you agree to do this promptly upon request.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To remain eligible for the scholarship award as a SASE Scholar, you must accept the following terms and meet all of the following requirements:
- As a reminder, the SASE Scholarship Program respects the privacy of others and takes steps to prevent unauthorized access to data on its systems. In addition, SASE does not sell information for unrelated SASE purposes, any data received from applicants and will not transfer applicant data to any outside party other than Program Committee with a legitimate interest in you as a SASE Scholar. You consent to us using your information for research purposes, such as analyzing aggregated data to identify factors that influence the likelihood that a student will obtain a university degree, but not limited to. Your consent to your personal information being shared by the Program committee and the sponsoring company(ies) on this program.
- Please note that, should you be accepted as a finalist in the SASE Scholarship Program, you will be asked to accept the award by doing the following promptly upon request: Complete Scholarship Acceptance Form online to agree on award acceptance. All scholarship winners will be officially recognized at the 2021 SASE National Convention in October 2021. Selected recipients are required to attend the conference and accept the scholarship award. A confirmation of conference registration is needed upon submitting the Scholarship Acceptance Form. Provide a personal bio (250 words or less) and a self portrait/headshots (at least 300 dpi) for publication for SASE Magazine and SASE National website.
- SASE reserves the right to contact references or applicants for verification.
- Funds will be disbursed to the scholarship winner's school and marked for the scholarship winner's educational needs (e.g. tuition, required fees, books, supplies and equipment).
- Providing false or misleading information is an offence. If SASE knows or has reason to believe that you have provided false or misleading information, SASE may reassess your entitlement to the scholarship and you will be liable to repay the total sum of any payments incorrectly made to you.
MEDIA RELEASE AND CONSENT AGREEMENT
This Release and Consent Agreement ("Agreement") is granted by the Individual SASE Scholar, effective as of the date signed below by scholars, to SASE Scholarship Program.
The parties hereby mutually agree to the following terms of release and consent:
- SASE desires to use the below-identified materials, hereinafter referred to as the "Grantor Materials," in connection with the publication and distribution of materials, in various media, regarding and/or promoting SASE or its Scholarship Program, its activities or accomplishments.
- Video or film materials incorporating scholar's name, image, likeness, voice and/or spoken or written words.
- Photographic materials incorporating scholar's name and/or image.
- Photographic materials incorporating scholar’s name and/or image.
- Telephonic or other recorded, electronic or digital materials incorporating scholar's name, voice and/or spoken or written words. Printed materials incorporating scholar's name, likeness and/or image.
- Web-based or other electronic or digital materials incorporating scholar's name, image, likeness, voice and/or spoken or written words.
UPDATED: April 30, 2021